Thursday, October 1, 2009

Blog Theme

Over the past few years, I have found that a great passion of mine is understanding how the church works. In my desire to communicate the beauty of God's love to the world, I have always found myself deeply immersed into Ecclesiology (the study of churches and its structure). I love it! It just gives me so much joy and satisfaction to figure out ways in which the community of God can influence and transform culture in a loving, fruitful, and self-perpetuating way. This blog exists for the purpose of exposing different thoughts, strategies and methods I have found helpful for my ministry in hopes that it may push us all to think more deeply about why we do what we do. So join in the conversation (funny how that word somehow made its way into everyday Christian lingo), and contribute your comments.

I'll start off this blog with a great quote I read a few years back that has helped defined why the church exists...

"..church doesn't exist for the benefit of its members. It exists to equip its members for the benefit of the world."

Brian D. McLaren
A New Kind of Christian p.155

No comments:

Post a Comment